Use Kennametal’s HTS-C Indexable Drills to make 5xD and 8xD holes with indexable inserts in steel, cast iron, ductile iron, stainless steel, and nonferrous materials. Use where speed and economy are prime considerations.
Features and Benefits
- Metric and inch diameters are standard
- Center pilot drill for added stability and hole straightness
- Variable flute helix provides excellent chip removal
Easy Insert Change
- Robust pocket design requires only a simple wrench for insert removal
- Multiple grades and geometries available
Tailored Grades and Geometries
- New KC7815 and KC7820 grades feature multi-layer CVD and KC7140 with advanced PVD coatings for improved performance in steel
- Five DFT geometries standard for optimum cutting performance and superior chip control
- Grades and geometries can be tailored in each pocket for improved performance
- Carbide and HSS pilot drills are available to optimize productivity
- Intermediate diameters available as semi-standards.
- Engineered custom solutions available.
- Multiple diameters are available.